Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thank you Lord ~ Joy Dare 24

Day 24












 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV) Proverbs 31 Power Verses


I woke up this morning with a start when a Sheriff asked, "Do you know that vehicle that is on your bridge?"

A truck is hanging 1/2 on our bridge. 1/2 in the irrigation ditch, I don't own a truck.

It was 6 a.m.

The day progressed with Sheriff SWAT teams, a person setting off the Lock Down Alarm at the neighboring  school, and a T.V. new reporter.

The odd part is, this wasn't my story.

This was a story that played out in the dark just 50 feet from my children's windows while we slept.

God was awake.

Last night I read this scripture over my child:


I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.
(Psalm 121 ESV)

Our pastor had used it in his sermon on Sunday.

I had prayed at the end of the sermon to be able to act out hospitality to strangers, like he spoke about.

Following the sheriff's knock was a knock much quieter from the woman who had driven the truck and was hiding in my blackberry thicket for 45 minutes, before we turned on our lights.

I granted her what hospitality I could. 

This was not of me, this was of the Lord.

I had 3 children needing to get to school...

and a stranger at my door.

I called a friend that was able to take my son to school.

The tow truck guys let the girls through just in time to get off to college.

We took pictures, but they weren't our story.

My story is the knocks on the door, the stranger in need, the children God protected through the night, the holes in the bank and bridge needing to be fixed...

...but even those are  other's stories.

My children slept ~ God protected

My bridge is broke ~ My husband will get someone to fix it

The young woman was in need ~ God gave me provision to provide

I watched a play take place and I just did a small part

That is how it is when we ask God to take over our lives. 

He does all the work, we just obey.

I had plans for the day, God had other plans.

Joy Dare ~Day 24 - 3 Gifts Accomplished (Oddly for a day that is not what I planned)

      1) Kids got to school on time
      2) Lock down at local school ended before school started
      3) I was able to share God's Love to a stranger


No comments:

Post a Comment