Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crazy Joy Dare ~ Day 18

Day 18














"The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense."
(Proverbs 27:9 NLT) Air 1 verse of the day

What does God do with the scraps?

In her blog today, Lisa-Jo, suggests saving the "scraps" that you cut when editing to another document.

Are the scraps of me as important to God?

He has a bottle for my tears, does He have a sewing basket with my scraps?

For my crazy quilt restoration I only use vintage cloth.

I have a bag of cloth that I have collected from older ladies to keep the quilts integrity.

I am sure that the Lord thinks even more highly to keep the integrity of me as He shapes and models
 my clay pot.

 Today is Think Pink Day in our area.

I get my mammogram every year and for the past 10 years I have gotten it back with something to the effect of: Stage 2 alert, same as last year, no doctor follow up needed.

10 years ago I had a "bad report" on my mammogram.

I went in for a second screening and God chose an odd way to finish the process.

The next day I had mastitis on the left one and had to got to the ER.

Three days of walking around with an I.V. port in my arm and on pain med along with visits to the hospital for them to give me high power antibiotics. Then 10 days of oral antibiotics.

Life went back to normal in about 5 weeks.

I waited for 6 months.

Mammogram number 2.

Result: class 2 watch, recheck in 1 year.

That is the way I lived for the last 10 years.

Was it a clogged milk duct?

Was it a cancer?

It is just a smear of scar tissue now.

So, every year in August I get my mammogram.

Every year in October I get Think Pink Bags for my daughters and friends.

October is a month of praise.

I praise the Lord for my marriage of 25 years.

I praise the Lord for daughter soon to be 18.

I praise the Lord for my health.

Tonight my daughter and I will go to the bridge for her to take pictures after her class. This year I will have socks, closed toe shoes, hoody and coat. (maybe a thermos too)


Crazy Joy Dare ~ Day 18 - A Gift Shared, Saved, Surrendered ( I could answer me for all 3,  but wont)

   1) I share my computer with my son
   2) God saved my breast
   3) I surrender my life to Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment