Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crazy Quilt Joy Dare ~ Day 16

    Day 16

"My soul, praise the Lord, and do not forget all His benefits. He forgives all your sin; He heals all your diseases. He redeems your life from the pit; He crowns you with faithful love and compassion." 
(Psalm 103:2-4,) Proverbs 31 Devotion Power Verse 

This frame of the quilt is the way I feel today. The white puckered part, is one of the area yet to be fixed. The raw skin of the flour, salt, or sugar sack in showing. All the pretty stitches of  women long dead protect the other squares from breaking loose.  

My life is at a raw spot. 

The old fabric has been torn away.

All the pretty patches of the past are held together firmly by the stitches (prayers) of my sisters in Christ who have held me up through the years. These wonderful ladies held me in place as my life has unfolded. 

The hands of the Craftsman are picking the next piece of my life. 

It wont be a perfect "square", instead it will be a be a piece that just fits. 

I will have to take out the old stitches, just as new prayers are being lifted up for me know.

My friend June gave me a book mark with this poem last night.

The Weaver 

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot chose the colors
He works so steadily.

Oft' times He weaves
in sorrow and I, in foolish
pride, forget He sees the
upper and I , the underside.

The dark threads are
as needed in the Weaver's
skillful hand, as the threads
or gold and silver in the
pattern He has planned.

Not till the loom is silent
And shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

Crazy Joy Dare: Day 16 ~ Three Gifts Burned

       1) Candles
       2) Logs
       3) Chestnuts 



No comments:

Post a Comment