Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crazy Quilt Day 4

         Day 4


     Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.                                             (Colossians 3:2 NLT)

                                                        Air 1 verse of the day




I avoided the book of James for years knowing that it dealt with the "tongue" and I did not want to have God deal with mine. Now I am thankful for the book of James and the lessons I am learning with James. I don't think he was a "super Christian", but one who struggled as we do. He was likely speaking what the Holy Spirit was dealing with him about 2,000 years ago. Wow!


Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
(James 1:19-20 ESV)

I want to tell someone off today. Instead I chose to let God have vengeance.

Ann's Crazy Joy Dare for October: 3 gifts reaped

1) The salvation by grace of the redeemed

2) Rice for the hungry children of the world

3) Corn for the dairy cows of the world


Go to Ann's site: A Holy Experience today for a great freebie to make a Joy Box full of Goodies.


         

1 comment:

  1. Deena,

    Oooh, our tongues are so fast and potentially dangerous. James has good info.

    Thanks for stopping by my post "Plotting Murder," and commiserating with mole and gopher stories with me. Your son sounds helpful and brave. :) Too bad he couldn't help get some of the ones from my yard too.

    Thanks for your encouragement here. Have a great week.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete