Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days - The Crazy Quilt of My Life (Day 2)

         Day 2


Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.
(Ephesians 5:1 NLT) Air 1 Verse of the Day

    Day 2 was a little late coming. I ask my husband last night to take my son to school if I wasn't waking well at 6a.m. Instead, I   awoke "badly" at 10a.m. I did sleep well, but I am still fighting fatigue and a cold. My son told me how one of his teacher reminded him of me, I told him I didn't see the similarity. His reply,
"Mom you use to be more springy".

Ouch.

     I am using my Crazy Quilt that lives on the daybed as my illustration for this month. I aquired this quilt at the death of a love one. She had stored it in a closet, unprotected by moths, to keep it from use and the moths used it well. Or you could say the moths used it badly. I am restoring the cover.The quilt is still quite serviceable for warmth, the backing, lining and cover have a lining of Flour and Salt sacks holding the remaining pieces together with a number of beautiful embroidery stitches. I have been working on restoring the quilt for about 4 years. It is only a winter project, because the quilt it so warm.

    I see my life is like the quilt:
                     1) It is serviceable
                     2) It is held together well by a Great Designer
                     3) It has been use badly by uninvited guest
                     4) It can be restored

      This month as I show you different lovely piece of the quilt, I will be digging deep inside my heart to allow the Great Designer, Jesus my Lord, to: repair, restore, replace the broken bounce in me.

Dear Lord,
      I give you all my care, my worries, my anxiety for the future. I surrender my life once more to YOU. I rest under Your wings. Teach me Your joy and peace this day, this week, this month... In Your Word may I find rest, repair, and restoration in my soul, my body, my life, my family, and my relationships.
     You know all my needs before I ask, but as the woman in Luke 18 I will continue to bring them before You.
                         ~Amen~

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment