Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Joy Dare ~ Day 23

Day 23











Proverbs 31 Power Verses:
 "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship (adopted daughtership) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will— to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves." (Ephesians 1:4-6,NIV)



Some of the patches I don't want to remove, so I try to put an embroidery patch on them

It doesn't always work

The ancient threads of the fabric pull apart

My heart cries, "Don't do that I want that piece to stay"

"It is too hard to take out all the stitches and put an entire new piece in that place."

That works on the quilt, but in my life, it doesn't work. 

It is so hard to take out all the stitches holding a comfort zone in place.

The fix is staring at me, as I painfully remove the old stitches

I try to remember the pattern as I remove the ancient craft of beautiful stitches

God removes the old patch after I have obediently removed the bad habit

Now He will pin the new piece in place

"Ouch..." I whine with watering eyes.

Then I ask for the prayers of my friends 

The stitches (Prayers) of my friends begin to knit me into place.

I rest in my place with the new patch of ancient grace.


"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

"and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever".


The 23rd Psalm

  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
(Psalm 23 ESV)

“Praise is the beauty of a Christian. What wings are to a bird, what fruit is to the tree, what the rose is to the thorn, that is praise to a child of God.” ~ Spurgeon



Joy Dare ~ Day 23 - 3 Gifts Begun

     1) I am a new creation in Christ
     2) Back to complete sugar free, fruit free, gluten free diet
     3) Life with 3 legally adult children

Happy Birthday Johanna Lee

Abbie wanted to "reenact" this picture when Ian ~ 2, Abbie ~ 4, Johanna ~ 3
Now they are: Ian ~16, Abbie ~ 19 and Johanna ~ 18 (Oct 21, 2012)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment