Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Final Day of Crazy Joy Dare

Day 31
















Back to Square 1

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
(John 14:27 ESV)


This is the day that our world gets upside down and people dress how they want and try to scare everyone.

While others of us are celebrating ALL HOLLOWS EVE.

I am a Celtic Christian.

I find the celebration of evil or the imitation of evil totally, wrong.

Today I chose to celebrate the Holy One as in ever other day of the year.

I chose to celebrate Reformation Day today.

I hope you will join me as we celebrate the hope we have for a future of eternity with our Lord Jesus.


Today' Joy Dare ~ Day 31

3 Gift Holy:  an everlasting relationships with the (1) Father, (2) Son, and (3) Holy Spirit


This is also a reflection on my writing dare of the last 31 days.


I have been able to practice writing in a number of formats and a number of topics this month.

I have been able to share a few of my favorite blogs and my heart has been through a number or emotions.

I will look forward to reviewing my blog from  this month to evaluate these experiences.

For today I would just like to share a comment from the Proverbs 31 Devotion today and my response.

  • JillGan
    Today, has been hard. When I saw this devotion, I thought,"What would relate to this?" Therefore, I didn't respond just yet. I finished my History Test, and... I saw a grade I didn't wanna see. I was thinking,"A few days ago, I had a date with God... He kept saying 'Trust Me'. I trusted Him through my test, but why did I fail?!" Honestly, blaming God isn't worth it. Eventually, you know that it's not His fault, it's yours. My test was the first test for the year, and I was determined to do well... but everything changed. When I think of 'a quiet place to rest' I instantly think 'God's embrace.' I wasn't thinking that when I received my grade... I was thinking 'Shutting myself in a room would be a quiet place to rest.' I turned to music. As I listened to my favorite songs, the first song that came up was 'Lift Me Up' - The Afters. I was thinking, when I failed my other quizzes... God, where were you? Where were you when I needed YOU to lift me up? Sometimes I wish I could STOP blaming God for everything when it's my fault. It hurts to see that grade, but to God, it hurts when He sees us blaming Him. This may or may not be relevant to the devotion today, but I think that the quiet place to rest is talking to God and listening to some Christian music... I hope/pray that you find your quiet place to rest today. Thanks, Karen for this devotion. God Bless, everyone. 
  • Dear JillGan, I know how you feel. That first test of the semester is always hard. You don't know how the prof will test or if you studied the right stuff. I pray you will learn from this test and be better prepared for the next one. 
    I'm a mom of college students who just finished my own degree last December. Life is full of tests and I could say that is the best advise I could give for all tests in life. Remember  what went wrong with the last test, ask God for wisdom to better prepare for the next and Trust the Holy Spirit to held you recall at the time of need. Our faith in the death of Jesus for our sins and the hope for all eternity with HIM is what makes it all worth the testing. He is preparing you for a forever after with your King and Lord and that is why we praise even when stuff doesn't go our way.
    Blessings little sister. Deena

    BTW: That Afters song is one of my favs too


~ Happy Reformation Day ~


GISεїз
   ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment