Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3 Gifts Out My Window














          We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.(2 Corinthians 10:4 NLT)






The World of Black and White

This picture showed up a few weeks ago. It is me in about 1965 on a neighbors horse. I don't remember the neighbor, but I remember the horse's name was Danny.

This is a truck I found in Cottonwood that was  a twin of the one in the B &W
I remember my Dad's truck and I remember my light blue coat I was sitting on. I always had everything pink and I loved that something I owned was blue.

The photos of the 1960's are Black and White, but the memories I have are in vivid color.

The bright red and green of the strawberry patch that our dog, Vicki, had puppies in. 

The white wash on Grandma Orr fence that I painted one summer.

The room I painted myself, blue in 1973.

I had wanted to paint the room black and mom was happy to except blue. (Black lights and pictures were the fad.)

My room was decorated around a poster I had picked up at a "head shop". I didn't know what they did, I just knew they had this cool poster in the window, and I bought it for $5.

Happy faces, peace signs and flowers.

Bright, Vivid, Exciting color.

Now in my adult years, I am afraid to say I have lost some of the color.



As I look out the window and see the brittle leaves falling from the tree in the parking lot, I see that I have 
taken on the color of fall.


Across the parking lot the Fire Men are putting up the Christmas Tree that will be lite in less than 3 weeks.




As I travel on my search for the colors to make my dream come true, I will visit the colors of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Resurrection Sunday. Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.

I want to take some color from each season as I travel through, and put them in my paintbox and brighten my heart for the voyage to come.


"Well everybody's got a story to tell 
And everybody's got a wound to be healed 

I want to believe there's beauty here 

So, I guess you're tired of holding on 
I can't let go, I can't move on 
I want to believe there's meaning here"

"Standing on a road I didn't plan 
Wondering how I got to where I am 
I'm trying to hear that still small voice 
I'm trying to hear above the noise"

"God,I need you now - I need YOU know"



Gratitude for November ~ Day 7 - 3 Gifts out my window

  1) The Christmas Tree
  2) The falling leaves to tell of the changing season
  3) The man who stopped to talk as I was taking pictures for my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment