Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Something Salty, Sweet and Sipped in One


Starbucks,  Salted Caramel Mocha
I have looked forward to this day since I got the calendar on the 2nd to start my 3 Gifts for the month of November.
The Salted Caramel Mocha is one of my new best friends.
I have only had one and a few samples, but it is something that is topping my love for peppermint mocha right now. I feel like such a fluff head to say that, but when I can rest for 1/2 an hour in Starbucks with a real cup in my hand with all that whip cream and caramel and salt on top...I will be having a very happy moment.




Enough said about my coffee habit.

We are having a thunder storm today, with occasional cloud bursts.

Our little (35 pounds) Welsh Corgi, Junior, is setting behind the chair with his ears cocked and his body shivering.

Photo compliments of Abbie's Facebook, By Johanna
I gave JR a bath on Tuesday and blow dried him for the first time. He hadn't had that treatment before in his 5 years of life and I don't think he was too thrilled. But he smells better and got de-flea oiled too.

Lynn Cowell's Blog has a YouTube of a song that I wish I did not have in my head.



Point being....this song has gone through me head since 1980 telling me I should do it all. I have done it all,
BUT that is not right.

I want to be the woman that God designed me to be and not the woman I was brought up to be by the feminist movement and popular T.V. 

I turned off the T.V. about 10 years ago in our house. I put it in the closet 7 years ago and that song still haunts me. 

I found a new blog for encouragement in the journey.


“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)


Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that mocha looks amazing! :) I'm also a lover of good coffee! :) and Jesus of course! :D
    How amazing it is that we can take our burdens to Him.
    Be so blessed lovely lady! :)

    ReplyDelete