Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Dare to Dream
















"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."(Jeremiah 29:11 ESV)



Today I am starting a new adventure.

A new book

The 1st Chapter

I label it Dream

It will take 38 weeks to write

I like that time period having given birth to 5 children that is a time frame that God and I are comfortable with

I know that some people think that I am too old to dream, but I am just beginning

Today I read a great blog on dreaming: http://www.incourage.me/2012/11/a-dare-for-you-to-keep-dreaming.html#comment-158386 (here is the written content)


Hey, You…
The one wondering if it’s safe to dream anymore.
The one who has to swat discouragement away like a pesky fly.
I know those feelings too.
Can I lean in and whisper this hard truth?
The riskiest thing is not to dream.
The only way to avoiding making mistakes is not to do anything–
and that’s the biggest mistake of all.
The only way to avoid being hurt is to never love–
and being alone in that way is the deepest wound a heart can have.
The things that help us feel safe are the same ones that can put us at greatest risk.
You are braver, stronger, more capable than you know.
And the God you serve is bigger than you’ve yet experienced.
Dream, girl.
Dream today. Dream tomorrow.
Dream until the day you die.
And then discover that you’ve done what mattered most–you’ve really lived.
–Holley Gerth, (in)courage cofounder and best-selling author of You’re Already Amazing


This is a song that helped me to start over a couple of years ago...it helped me to know I can dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment