Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rough Winds






John 10: 2-3 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.”







My youngest daughter went to the Northern  California Coast a year ago last July for a Discipleship Camp near Patrick's Point. As the wind crashes against the window of my house today I am reminded of the waves crashing against the rocks in this photo, she conveniently left on my computer.

Jesus's promises, "He will never leave us or forsake us"

We all have problems in life:

To much work

Not enough work

Difficult people

People who seems to smoother us with love

Not enough of one thing

Too much of another

But we can never get too much of God

This weekend I ran across a magazine for Gospel for Asia

The stories of real life in Asia for women were hard to imagine in our western world thinking

Last night I looked up the site and found these facts:

Did you know that over 50,000 female children are aborted every month in South Asia? Females are often the last to eat and the most likely to be illiterate. They’re the first to work as child laborers and sometimes even sold to become one of 1.2 million child prostitutes. As they grow they gain little respect.
We are so blessed in our country!!!

As I go through the next 5 weeks of our western "Holiday Season", I want to keep in mind the women that have so little and get no respect from anyone. I want to ask God to show me what I can do for the women in Asia. 

It only takes $30 a month to help support a woman missionary to serve full-time to reach other women.
I have a friend and her family that donatated 10 years of their life to Gospel for Asia to train women to reach women. My first stop will be talking to her.

Today I am Thankful for 3 Gifts of Tradition

   1) Going to Aunt Merna's for Thanksgiving Day
   2) Candy Canes in Cocoa
   3) Reading the Wind in the Willows chapter about Mole visiting home

Which reminds me to relax, drink a cup of cocoa and read some Wind In the Willows today.

No comments:

Post a Comment