Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Spa Deena week 4

Summer Break Spa Deena

Hitting the Road with Emelia Bedelia 

This week Spa Deena took a road trip to Sacramento County. My granddaughter and her parents live in the East side of the Sacramento County Valley. I was blessed with a new friend who was able to drive down on Tuesday morning and come back to Redding on Friday evening.
Little Lady Liberty
Beginning my first day we went to swim lesson with Emelia's cousins, the Smiths, and then it was: Target, Trader Joe's,  Costco, Chick-fil-A, or Micheal's and Pier 1. Every day we went to a different place or two before nap time. After dinner Em and I got to play in the pool at their apartment.

Swim Lessons
Friday we had no swim lessons, so we went to the Sacramento Zoo. It was too hot for most of the tired, hot animals. Em  still loved see the "animals" and got to come home with a new Lion. She talks or sings all day long.
Stuffed Lion Mini Cuddlekin by Wild Republic
 For a "not yet" 2 year old she is amazing and that is not just...because I am her Gammie. She has a box of electronic letters that tell her what the sound and letter name is and she has it almost all memorized. She says, "What says?" all day long. We had so much fun.
setting on an Orangutan
I love that she has no fear. Her mama sat her on a wooden Orangutan and she just sat there.

Amazing Giraffes
The giraffe were very tame and wanted to eat right out of our hands. We decided that next time we will go back to the zoo on a cooler day. Maybe February. Today when she got up from her nap  and I wasn't there she wanted, "Ammie".  That just makes a Grammie's heart swell when your grand-baby misses you the next day.
Here Mama and Daddy are the best parents and I was really proud to get to see them all interact. 

Back Home to House-sit

I felt like I had jet-lag this morning when I woke up in Redding. I got back to my apartment and made the turnaround in 15 minutes to be at my weekend destination. 
A wonderful place for coffee and oatmeal

Fresh Peaches from my Dad's tree

Fresh Sunflowers

My house mate for the weekend
This is a little preview of the house-sitting gig I get to have for the last of July and first of August. My June adventures are over.  Our weather has gotten hot; I pray we wont have bad fires with the dry hot north winds.

 I am looking forward to the weather toward the middle of this next week.
Week 4 goal is just to keep it cool. From week 2 I am trying to keep up with 96 ozs of water and laughing more (week 3). I was able to get a lot of laughing with my daughter and granddaughter. One of the best laughs was when my daughter handed Em my water bottle to bring to me. Em had the lid balanced on her head all the way across the living room. Toddler posture is amazing.

Happy July ~ Keep Cool.

Image may contain: outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment