Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Deena's Summer Spa Week Two, 2018



WELCOME TO THE NEW LOOK AT "SPA DEENA."🌻



I traded the Pink our for this lovely Blue

Kitty Wind-Chime had to come in as a heavy wind knock him
off the Nest Roof and his legs fell off.
(Inside Kitty now)

Summer Time is a great time to switch out the pink roses for
Big yellow Sunflowers
With so little space inside The Nest I needed to put the Pink Bird House that has graced the South/West corner of my living room outside, so kitty can be a house cat.

Metal Wind Chimes have survived many winds

Picture of the Week

It looks like I am inside the fence, which I guess
I am.
My biggest challenge in Spa Deena this week is to drink 96 oz. of water every day. I had read this was a great way to hydrate and just to take on one "spa" challenge a week. 
Last week it was simply, "breathe while I eat" and that I am eating sitting down. During the school year I don't get to eat sitting at lunch time and I sit in my Papasan to eat sometimes when I am really tired. I am trying to eat most meals at the table. 
Pier1.com  Stock Photo of Papasan
I read an article last night, that I could totally relate to; after deciding to take the challenge for week two of: drinking "96 oz" of water every day. This New York City, young adult, working girl had a realistic approach to the goal. She wasn't stopping coffee, alcohol or even soda. She was just adding the water to her other fluid intake. Working in the school system where you have to train your bladder to only empty every four hours...this may become a challenge for  the school year. However, I am going to give it a try this summer break.

I am blessed that at Pier 1 if you have to go, you just ask someone to cover you and you get to go...unfortunately, that is not a luxury of public school employees. The sweet gal that wrote the article said that NY had great water. Redding isn't exactly in that category, but I was spoiled by well water most of my life. I have filled all my glass drinking bottles (1 liter Kirkland Tequila is one of the best, don't judge me!) with tap water and let these set over night to get rid of the chlorine smell. I'm also adding a packet of electrolyte replacer to one of the bottles.

Great Winter mixer
Electrolyte Mix Supplement Powder, 72 Trace Minerals, Potassium, Sodium, Electrolyte Replacement Sports Drink | Raspberry 30 Packets | Dr. Price's Vitamins, No Sugar, Keto, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
With Stevia, nice taste

There you have it, The News from THE NEST. My first two weeks of summer without tiny humans in my life. My creative energies are working in a different avenue this summer.
I got the pleasure of making our last two chalkboard signs for the entry of Pier1.



The first one was for an event that we had on Friday and Saturday, last weekend. The second one is our "Let Savings Ring" June 22 to July 4th. It is so fun to do these signs. This next week I hope have more creative adventures.
I found a rock outside Pier 1 today as I was dropping off a friend for work. The rock painting and hiding has become an international way to say, "Smile."

Feeling Groovy
Enjoy🦋
















No comments:

Post a Comment