Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Summer Reading List

It all started a few weeks ago while playing Bold Moves on my phone at the Doctor's office.
I completed the puzzle and this was the quote. "You can't argue with Passion."
I fell down the google rabbit hole looking up Tim Burton and the "Passion" behind his quote.

My next step was Amazon.com and ordering the book: "The 8 Traits Successful People have in common".



#1 Passion...Find what you love and do it with all your heart.💗

I also have been working on: "Dodging Energy Vampires"



I subscribe to Dr. Christiane's  email newsletters. She has been a great source of information through my midlife years and this book is a must read for all ages. I am an EMPATH was a capital "E". This is a great soak and read for the summer

These two books should give me plenty of food for thought during my school break.

My other book on the table is my Bible. This summer I am joining Good Morning Girls



I had my own journal for the project started, so that will be my keeper. My goal for the summer is to achieve more balance before the school year begins. I'm riding my bike or taking walks on my two or three days off a week. This week it is Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday I gave myself grace and had coffee with a friend and took a nap in the afternoon.


Tomorrow I get to meet a corporate visitor for the first time at my retail job. This has been an adventure to return to my roots of retail. In 1974-77 I took retail courses at High School which included design and a lot of art classes for lettering and painting. In the spring of 1977 I competed in layout and advertising in San Diego. Today I made a hand written chalk sign for our entry to advertise a sneak preview for Reward Members. It seems so crazy that skills learned over 40 years ago are being used today in our computer age.
Another feather in my cap was being recognized as the Reward Superstar for the first quarter. That means I signed up the most people. (This is my part-time job.) ☺️

I don't have TV or WiFi at home, so, I read a lot of fun books too. 
Recently I read a A cat of one's own : an Alice Nestleton mystery As well as about a dozen others by Lydia Adamson.
A cat of one's own : an Alice Nestleton mystery

Currently I am reading Kate Jabobs Friday Night Knit Club  collection.
The Friday night knitting club

Knit two

Knit the season

I like reading winter books in summer, it keeps me cool. It only hit 98 degrees today.
99 degrees tomorrow and 101 next Tuesday
I love my little nest. Upstairs and away from the street. My property manager, Debbie is amazing. Her husband and maintenance guy is great and comes right over and fixing whatever goes wrong. Having a washer and dryer in my apartment is a safe and time saving addition. Yesterday I showed the "Pink Elephant" phase, I have been on since Christmas. Friday I will be spending part of my day off changing to the blue backdrop and changing all the pink roses on the mantel with sunflowers. 
I only have four weeks home before I will be house setting the last week of July and the first week of August. I am excited to see what the Lord will do with me in the coming two months of school summer-break.

My closing thought was something that a customer brought to my attention today. We are like Artichokes. We may have pokies on the outside, but after we steam with God, our hearts are tender.


Butterfly on EmojiOne  ~ Namaste ~


1 comment:

  1. love the artichoke reference!, Your "Customer" God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete