Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Spa Deena ♫ On The Road Again ♫

 
Here in the Sacramento Valley it is said that we have two seasons: Fire and Flood. I've lived this side of Lassen Peak for over 30 years and each year we have a wet or wetter winter/spring and then a hot/hotter & dry winter/fall.  Not complaining, just stating the facts. 

These three weeks before School starts I get the pleasure to house set for some teacher friends and enjoy their larger space, animals, swimming pools and air-conditioning. My niece said that it is warm in Connecticut where it is about 80 degrees. That is what we turn the a/c to when it is 110 degrees outside. More than a 40 degree difference inside and outside is shocking.
No automatic alt text available.
highs and lows this week
I prefer to speak of the seasons of life rather than the seasons in Redding, California.

Intrepid Impatience
Last summer I planted a box of Impatience plants. My sister named this one "Intrepid Impatience." This lovely little flower is on a plant that survived the heat last summer, the rain and freezing temperatures of winter and now is surviving it's second summer in 110+ degree heat.

My goals last week mostly involved making doll clothes for Em's 2nd birthday coming up in a few weeks. Here she is at Costco, studying up on her books.
Image may contain: 1 person
Em is on top of the World

Birthday Sewing for Em

I found a doll the same size as Em's at the Good Will to be a dress model for the four outfits I made.
crocheted two strands

My favorite

a great time to use the free arm on the Kenmore

Gray Sweat Suit with lace legs and neck

Last one to match her dress

Gum Ball Machine made a nice dress form (size 2/3)
I will be making little packaging for each doll out fit and get it ready to ship this week. I look forward to seeing a picture of Em wearing the pink dress. I have a great respect for the people who make Tiny People clothes. What a lot of work.


Spa Deena 7/24 to 8/11

These last three weeks of Summer Break I was blessed to have friends ask me to house set their lovely homes and keep an eye on their pets. Each couple had a test weekend and now for the long stretch.

I'm still getting to keep up on my hummingbird watching

A Tree House for adults, WOW!

There are even night lights up here
Always Morning Coffee Outside
Morning Coffee Western Exposure

Morning Coffee Eastern Exposure

Last Thoughts on Summer






Stay Cool !




No comments:

Post a Comment