Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Restoration of the Years the Locust have Devoured


It has been almost 3 years since my son and I moved to our Nest. 758 square feet on the second floor, with private access and a car port to protect my Le Saber from the heat and cold. For over a decade I had lived without an oven or stove and no central a/c or heat. I raised my children with only a washer and dried the diapers in the furnace closet until it conked-out about the time I stopped needing diapers.

We had a wood stove the last years, but the only escape from the heat (110 degrees for weeks in summer) was a wet rag, a book and a fan. I did not realized until last week that my metabolism had adapted, by slowing to what I now call the "Book Zone". 

Now at the Nest I have: a dishwasher, washer and dryer, a/c and central heating, as much hot water as I need and the peace in my heart that I am home. I have chosen to save expenses by not having WiFi and TV, so I still read a lot, listen to music and do all of  my textile arts.

22694049

The past couple of days I was off work and I read a Debbie Macomber book titled: Last One Home. This is a book that spoke to be about my Locust Years and the constant question that was given to me, 'Why didn't you leave?" A woman in abuse can not leave until she has done everything in her power to fix the situation. I tried twice when my children were ages 1-1/2 to 6 and then again when they were teenagers. It was not just about my leaving, it was about them leaving as well. We did have  extreme poverty and the metal/emotional abuse effecting each of us  in varying degrees, but I wasn't a quitter, so I just made the best life I could for my children.

I had to understand what was happening to me. Outsiders thought they could see what I needed to do, but I could not make it work. I will say, "When it was God's timing it happened." I want to thank  One Safe Place for giving me the knowledge of my rights as a human to live without constant verbal and emotional abuse.

Three years ago when the end came, I felt almost like the Children of Israel leaving Egypt. I had seen the plaques attack my spouse as he was cursed by his own actions. I Timothy 5:8 was spoken to me, sent in emails and notes from family and friends, but that was not my place to judge, that was for GOD alone. I am no man's judge.

I left the house of destruction with a safe vehicle to drive, a 14 foot square moving van full of furniture  and house wares (my children's inheritance) and having two jobs that would support me. Ian was just 20 and would be attending community college with his own expenses paid through Federal Financial Aide. I recently told someone that my mother use to say,"Someone should get use of Financial Aide considering all the years your father contributed through his taxes."Granddad, Thank you for putting my four children through college and university."

Through the Locust Years I supported my family with elder care and janitorial jobs as well as our summer vacations, which were my house-sitting jobs most summers. I home-schooled them through our local public schools and High School with a charter school and duel enrollment at the community college.

 In 2008 when the stock market took a hard hit my clients began giving up hope in their "nest eggs". Families of elderly clients had to make some tough calls and all of my clients either died or went to an assisted living within two years. 2009 I applied for college financial aide and joined the children taking classes with Graduation in 2012 with my oldest daughter, Mary.

It has been eight years since Deena's Overall Cleaning and Yard closed the books. My clients were all in their 90's and I felt so privileged to be with them, listening to stories and tales of a time long forgotten. Each one of these precious saints gave me much more than I gave to them.

New Beginnings

This past six months changing my second job to Pier 1 has given me freedom to create. I have begun house-sitting again this summer and look forward to three weeks to save on my a/c bill and enjoy their animals. We have a no animal policy at my apartments, so my cats had to stay in Cottonwood.

The most awesome thing that has happened to me this summer was a visit with an elderly couple next to the house I was watching. This couple had been a part of my mother's crowd 40 years ago and remembered her fondly. I lost her 32 years ago in an accident and always enjoy listening to people remember her love and laughter. Two days ago I was approached by this couple's family asking if I wouldn't mind visiting them again on a regular basis, as the folks had enjoyed my visit. What a privilege to yet again have my ministry restored from the Locust Years.

There is only one week left for me to prepare for school from this end before I will be gone from the nest for 3 weeks house-setting. My summer goals of Spa Deena have continued and I am thankful that GOD gave me a summer without catastrophe so concentrate on: Just Me. 

My goals for this week are:
* cleaning the apartment 
* preparing my clothes for the first week of school
* prepare my school apron and supplies 
* make doll clothes and a dress for Emelia's 2nd birthday
* clean out my refrigerator

I am blessed to be allowed a new hope and a future.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11



1 comment: