Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Fierce Faith


Alli Worthington's latest book, Fierce Faith, is now available for sale through Amazon and other book sellers. I have enjoyed the opportunity to be on another of Alli's Launch Teams to review this book and encourage her through the weeks entering into her book launch.

Her first book, Breaking Busy, release just two years ago. In Fierce Faith Alli tells of the fears and faith search as she struggled through the Launch of Breaking Busy. Alli is a mom of "5" boys. She is a working mom who knows the struggles of career, family, church, Target, Star Buck's lines...

I followed the Breaking Busy guidelines in my own journey this past few years. My children have all finished Trade Education and University. Two have gotten married and one has made the choice to be a stay and home mom after getting a degree and working at her chosen profession. People tell me, "You did a good job, Mom!" I see that now in retrospect. At the time, I was just powering through as best I could.

Then came the change in my life with divorce after 28 years of marriage. Relocation... Change of Occupation... Change of Church... All the things that had been the constants in my old life as my children were growing up were no long the back drops of the play I was in now. The curtain had gone down on the old life, the crowd had gone home and I was sitting on an empty stage.

New Book

I completed Breaking Busy. I am now into Fierce Faith. A Women's Guide to Fighting Fear, Wrestling Worry, and Overcoming Anxiety. I have been full circle in my counseling sessions. I am back to the point of understand how to live in the present with vulnerability. My counselor suggested a book by Brene` Brown called Daring Greatly. Funny thing is that she also suggested this book when we first met. I got home from here meeting this week and there was the book on the top of my stack of "skimmed over" books. (That is another thing I like about Alli, she fesses up to only skimming books too.)

Fierce Faith is not a book to skim over. It is a book to study and apply page by page. There are printable to put on the fridge and work pages in the back to apply to practice your personal Battle Plan. Correct thinking, personalized Bible Verses and Encouragement from cover to cover that we are not in this battle alone.

This last week I have been trying to figure out what is my back drop for this new Life Action Drama I am in now. I hate the thought that "Drama" just came out of my head and into my figures as I am one to avoid "Drama" at all costs. I am at a stage in my counseling where we have visited the past enough and I need to be shaping the present with hope for the future. I still have nightmares, but I sent the past off crying in my bad dream last night. That is to say, that even in my dream state of mind, I can say, "The past can't hurt me." Now to unravel some more yarn and knit up a new chapter.

I am called "Grammie Butterfly", but this week I felt that I just started coming out of a Chrysalis, of a sort. I'm feeling that I am at the vulnerable state of a Butterfly just coming out with sticky all over and pumping the life fluid up into my wings as the breath of air drys me out before first flight. I had plans this weekend, but a stomach bug kept me home. I cleaned and sorted, threw things away and planned for the next few weeks.

As I told my counselor this week, I feel like there are so many possibilities I would like to try out. They are all opportunities of outside activities. Additional, to my current work at the school and Pier 1 Imports. Creative expression that I would not have attempted if I still had the after school job. I would be stretched too thin. So, now I have Broke Busy. I am headed out with a Fierce Faith to Dare Greatly  in 2018. I hope you can pick up one of these books and come along on the journey with me.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment