Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 ~ It's a Wrap

Thankful Ending for 2017

teacher wine glass what's your excuse teacher gift
https://boredteachers.com/
   2017 has been a journey of lessons. We lost a special Loved One last summer and we got a little bundle of Joy added to the family in March.  Laughter and Tear ~ Joy and Sorrow
   I changed my second job a couple of months ago and have enjoy every minute. I am so thankful for my family and friends that are like family. My co-workers at both jobs are great. My little nest has been snug and warm in cold weather and calm and cool in hot times. 
   I've read a lot of books and painted a few pictures. In 2018 I plan to read more books and paint more pictures. I'm reviewing some of the children's classics like "Secret Garden" in January. First project for the New Year will be reorganizing, at least one book case will come out to the living room.
    In June and July I went on a Sugar Detox. In my blog July first I shared the Jelly Bean thing. This week I realized that just stopping sugar was not the only thing I did on the Detox. I had given up wine for the detox, but did not expect drinking red wine in July after the 21 days would have an effect on my blood sugar. Of course loosing Taylor July 4th didn't help my physical/emotional/mental condition either. In retrospect, when I began drinking wine again my skin started getting red itches patches around my eyes and other places that have tender tissue (arm pits and behind my knees). The doctor was unsure and I was told it was probably an allergy, but just in case I was given an eye antibiotic.
   Six months later and the red itchy has come and gone while I have reduce most sugar. I don't eat wheat and that makes it easy to avoid most of the lovely sweet at Christmas. I did enjoy Dark Chocolate and Red Wine everyday through December... Until two days ago I went to the local Health Food Store. I asked the gal for a suggestion on the itching around my eyes. She asked me if I ate pasta, bread, cookies, cakes, crackers... "No, on all accounts." Then she explained that she had a similar condition that went away when she became Gluten Free. Well, I have been gluten free for nearly a decade, before it was even fashionable. While she was talking to me, my mind kept saying, "Red Wine is sugar". When I reviewed my Sugar Detox File, there it was,"Avoid Red Wine." Whiskey is okay and beer, even white wine, but no red wine. She also suggested EMU OIL. Emu Oil, I didn't know there was such a thing. I got a sample bottle and went home to research. Yes, refined Emu Oil is a great thing for skin and even an anti-fungal. She was telling me that my around the eye itch was a fungal infection. WOW!
Two days later the rash is clearing up and itch was relieved immediately after applying the lotion. Now it is a healing itch. Researchers also say it heals and helps avoid scaring.
   I have got to admit the past few weeks I would look at myself in the morning then be looking at my wrinkled, older customers all day. I had thought, did it hurt like this to get wrinkles. I don't remember seeing anyone else turn all red and itchy as they molted into wrinkles.
    Funny how the mind tries to explain what we feel. In December I got to go on a trip to the North Pole with  Virtual Reality Glasses. I had a little girl in a fluffy coat seated at my knees as I sat in a first grader's chair. When we were looking at the elves at Santa's workshop, she brushed against me and my mind said, "Is there a kitten under the elves work bench?"
   On the Pacific Coastal time we have about 5 1/2 hours until mid-night. Close enough, I will say farewell 2017.

Welcome 2018

   This is my goal for all my readers. I think it is the best New Years Resolution we can hope for in 2018. I have many idea for changes in my life, but I will report on those as they happen. Meanwhile, I pray that you all have a safe and fun New Year's Day.
Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment