Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Worship


FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY reached out to (IN)courage.me today which is a little tricky, but I will try to wrap my mind around it.

Worship…

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
 2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my  blog’s footer}.
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.
OK, are you ready? Give us your best five minutes for the prompt:

- See more at: http://new.thegypsymama.com/#sthash.fJfowh9j.dpuf

GO
When I think of worship I don't think of Sunday morning, starched shirts and hard pews...
When I think of worship...I think of talking to Jesus, praising HIM, wanting to know HIM, reading HIS book to me, crying out my desires, fears and being aware of HIS awesomeness.
I've felt that I worshiped HIM in the middle of the night when I had a tiny baby in my arms and it was just HIM and me.
I've felt I worshiped at the clothes line while hanging clothes and singing to the top of my lungs every hymn that came to mind.
I've felt I worshiped when I was prostrate across a bed crying my eyes out waiting for an answer that never came.
I've felt worship in little churches with 35 people singing praises and up on a mountain top with 50 teen singing around a fire.
But most of all I have felt worship when I sat with my Bible open and read HIS words to me, written over 2,000 years ago of the greatest gift ever given...      Jesus.

STOP


4 comments:

  1. I agree worship is in our everyday. It should never be left for Sunday's. I love reading all your expressions of worship.

    Www.saltandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have experienced Him and worshiped in all sorts of times! Nice!

    Deb Weaver
    thewordweaver.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. So true. The fact that His words are a gift given to me, meant for my heart - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful topic! We really can worship in so many ways, can't we? It's so beautiful to read about yours. Thank you for sharing, friend!

    ReplyDelete