Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Happy Spring Break


Image result for easter lily scripture


New Life in Christ

Breathe~ My goal for the week is to jump off the hamster wheel and relax.
I have a few other mini-goals. This summer for my birthday in August; I want to get the permanent ID card and my passport. With all this house-sitting for world travelers and I've never been out of the Continental USA. Goal for my 7th decade is to get past the ocean or at least to Canada. 

This week I sent for old marriage licenses and put the ball rolling to take back my maiden name. At my old school I was told we had to be Mrs. Somebody to get respect. Well, at my new school I am Ms. Deena and get more respect. It seems to be a matter of supporting staff. We don't have a caste system between Certified and Classified staff at my new school. Never have I felt so much respect and team work. Love my Tigers.

View from Hacienda Harvey

Duck Duck and Lucky Duck

Painted Duck eggs

The other side of the eggs
20 pounds of supervising feline, Mel


Easter Basket, Tumbler from some of my 5th graders

Iris, aka Purple Flags

Beautiful Azalea

Calla Lilly

Wisteria 

Apple Blossoms

Lemon buds and little baby lemon

lavender full of bees and butterflies

Camellia

Thoughts about Spring 2019

The song from Frozen that Olaf sings about "Summer"  has been going through my head a lot this week. "Bees are buzzing..." This is a haven for bees, butterflies and small critters of all kinds. There was a giant Jack Rabbit at the gate one morning as I left for work. Mr Rabbit stood on his hind legs and looked through the bars, no doubt, wishing for a bite of the grasses. Mr. Harvey will have a lot of mowing to do when they get home. It was winter when they left. This week it may get past 80 degrees.
    We still have one more thunder storm in the forecast on Saturday and then we may not see rain again until September. The lakes are full and the mountains have an amazing snow fall. Green shoots are coming up all over where there are miles of burned timbers from our fires last summer. 
Related image
Spring means new life
As Easter comes we think of new life, new beginnings, restoration from ashes and death. I'm ready for fresh starts and a new season in my life. This is a season to be thankful for the harsh storms of winter and begin with a Thankful Heart. We have only one day of death, but every morning to live a fresh new day. Surrounded by all these beautiful flowers, blue skies, fresh air, clean water and comfort makes my heart overflow with gratitude.
Hug your kids and loved ones
Be Thankful
Ponder
Love
Image result for spring break snoopy
Happy Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment