Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter~Photo Shoot

Dutchmen's Pipe Swallowtail 

my spirit butterfly
This morning I walked down to the duck's house and found this little fella fluttering from Blue Dick flower to flower. It was so playful and fun to watch. Today was the last day of my Spring Break, so I walked around the yard looking for things I hadn't seen before. There are so many giant Bumble Bees.


This little lovely performed for me for 10 minutes

Wild Daisies 
These daisies remind me of the little daisies that are in the lawns all over Humbolt University. One of my daughters attended HSU and I loved those cute little flowers in the grasses.

Lilac
This Mountain Lilac has a gentler fragrance than the larger leaf cousin we see in most yards.

snow drops ?
I'm not sure about these little guys. Taking this walk reminded me that I need to brush up in my flower book. When I was a Park Ranger I got a book to identify wild flowers in So East Utah. I have a lot of interests, but I am a master of none. On reflection, perhaps, that is what an artisan often is: We dabble in a lot of different things, but rarely does someone become a master of one thing; at least not to make a living at that Art Form.

    I crochet, knit, paint, do a variety of needle work, sing, write, draw, dance and sew. Customers think I know something of home decor and parents think I know something of teaching. Although I have raised four children, I would never consider myself an expert. I am good at many things, but I get bored before I master one thing. I finish projects, however, it sometimes take years.

Calla Lilly
A friend shared this week that as a child, she had taken the centers out of the Calla Lilies and used them as Barbie Corn on the Cob. My children would use Elder Cones for their Barbies and Pyracantha as Barbie apples.

Blueberry Crepe & Grapefruit  
With all the duck eggs I painted...it has been necessary to become creative in the cooking of eggs. This was a Spelt Floor Crepe with Blueberries and goat cheese. Fresh grapefruit too. My last Irish Coffee until next weekend, as they frown on bringing the "Irish" to school.

Easter Duck Egg

I stay up late for these:

Em and Ellie
Baby Pickle 
Back to school tomorrow and back to The Nest on Tuesday. Staying up late will not make Spring break last longer. So, I will say, "Good Night Easter" and "Hello Count Down to Summer Vacation."


Good Night  Easter 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment