Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Autumn Morning Chill



Mt Shasta Stock Photo


Autumn Morning Chill...

It is such a thrill to have my slippers on out on the terrace this week.
When it is  105 "plus" degrees for over two months of the year the chilliness of the Fall morning is at my Top Five Favorite Feeling in the world right now. 
In Redding there are thousands of people hunting and painting rocks to hide. In a place that either has very hot weather, or extreme rain our local landscaping includes a lot of River Rocks. The object is to take one of these smooth rocks home, paint it and place it where it can be found to give joy. On the back of the rock may be an inscription asking the finder to post a picture of the rock on Redding Rock Facebook page, so that the painter can see where their rock is headed.
One of my school parents painted and shared the general location that I might find the rock below.
🐘Thank you Rachel🌻
 This was a particularly hard week for me and finding a rock that gave me a happy feeling of what I had shared with Taylor made it a little less difficult. I placed the little elephant rock near the Elephant statue I had planned to give Taylor for Christmas.

Taylor's Elephants

Fall Blooms

Not everyone will say, "My Impatience survived the Summer".
Blue Apron Helped with two weeks of meals

Scripture of the Day

My heart has been so heavy this month as emotions have been flowing

This showed up in my News Feed on Monday.
Yes, I was sporting the Glitter on the outside, even though
my heart was breaking on the inside.

Never a doubt that my direction is clear if I follow my dreams

This Cuttie Pattutie has been sick this week
Grammie sends Hugs and Prayers😘

He gives me chuckles everyday. I have Cherished that we are
able to spend a little while together before he leaps out again.
(Not off the fire engine though)

My view this week. Pulling out the robe and fuzzy slipper was a joy

Looking forward to the color changes and the crunching of leaves

New Season

Although our summers are harsh, it is expected. I have lived here over half my life and many other climates the other half. We expect to tan a lot in Spring and Fall, our toes web in Winter and we stay in the A/C in the afternoons in the Summer. 
Broken Birk
 My three year relationship with a great pair of sandals ended this week,
 when the strap broke on the playground Thursday.
I had bought the Blue Snake pattern ones a few years ago,
 when the others where in for retreads.
Alas, I only have one pair of Birks left in the wardrobe....for now.
New Danskos

A teacher let me know that Sierra Trading Post was having a Dansko Sale
 a few weeks back. These are my new wet weather shoes for the fall.
Last years USA Klog/Mary Janes went
to the dumpster along with the Purple Birks.


Namaste ~ DeenaButterfly on emojidex

No comments:

Post a Comment