Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How Many Days Until Christmas?

My Mom's Christmas Decorations


   Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those upon whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:13-14





My decorations are up and now we wait.

Clean around the decorations and wait until Dec. 26th or January 1st for the deep clean again.

My son said, "Mom, why are you decorating so early?"

"Because I can?"

Son, "Why didn't you decorate earlier before?"

"Because we had school, then I would go into a rush of getting things up before Christmas."

Son, "Why is it different this year?"

"Because I am not teaching you (my children) or going to school myself. This is the first time since 1996 and before that I had a baby and toddlers running around".

WOW! I would not have thought that out if he hadn't asked.

This year I cleaned all the kitchen shelves with the Baking Makin's and cookware using old Christmas wrapping paper for shelf paper.

I cleaned the windows, deep cleaned the dog crate area (including de-flea spray), washed and blow dried the dog before the rain hit and gave him a de-flea treatment, and put away most of the non-Christmas nic nacs.

Then the Christmas box came out last Saturday night.

Johanna's Stocking was on top where it had been put when we found it this summer.
(It was lost last year on Christmas and we had to improvise) 

The stocking are hung behind the wood stove on
Mary's welded horse shoe bookcase side pieces

Snow People came out the week before
This cutie was a secret pal gift when Debbie was my  Prayer Pal

I can't remember where we got him, but he followed someone home
to go with the lady, cuz he has a hat like Wes (Giggle)

I could just have this up and would be happy.
My menorah with the white candle to represent the
LIGHT OF THE WORLD
and
the nativity I made my mom in 1975

Mandy and Rachel are Abbie and Johanna's American Girl Dolls
They now will become Christmas Tradition to set on JR's Crate
(He is hiding in has little den)

I bought this little set when I was 14.
Mary is in the picture  behind, age 6.
The kids use to make Lego and block stable and churches
for these 3 pieces.

Finally, my choir boys again.
One Christmas after my mom's death
my Dad and Step-Mom brought me
these along with a number of my mother's
other decorations.
So, what are we waiting for?

I am not waiting. I chose to celebrate Christmas and Resurrection Sunday every day. 

The exchange of gifts are not going to be a stressor for me this year, I chose to bless everyone I can all year around. "See a need, ask God if He wants me to do something, meet the need."

Blessed Holiday Season.

P.S. Special Offer on Tracie Miles Book, Stress-Less Living. The Book is only $14.99 and you get 7 free gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment