Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas



We have snow in Redding today and even had some fall here in Cottonwood.


It was amazing to see snow, even when you are told it will come to see it in the yard is so surprising.

I went to the grocery store at 10 this morning and it started to rain as I left, the snow came down about an hour later and it is still snowing in the area.

My girls went to Redding to see a movie and took the camera, I am looking forward to Jo's photos.

My new job is going well, it is a real change to be working a full 40 hour week.

I am so thankful to have a job when so many are unemployed.

Our Christmas celebration is small and I really never know what we will do for Christmas.

So many people have this grand plan and many gifts to buy, many parties to attend, and many fancy food to eat.

Our Christmas is simple. 

The tree is small.

The gifts are often homemade or necessities.

The parties are church celebrations with cookies and caroling.

No fancy clothes or food.

I made Latkes and Applesauce for the kids and Wes for Friday night, I wouldn't be home in time from work, so I made them the night ahead.

Last night we went to the Anderson Cottonwood Neighborhood Church annual caroling and cookies.

Abbie played her violin at the end with Ellen. 
I love to hear them play together.

My favorite part of the caroling is coloring a picture for my friend Molly.

For the last 3 years I have colored her a picture and made it a Christmas card to her and she puts it on her refrigerator.

Christmas is truly simple to me.

Tree in the corner

Cookies in the jar

Fire in the wood stove

Cozy robe and Slippers

Jr (Corgi) eating popcorn tossed to him by Ian

Carols in the background

Yes, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

The highlight of the Christmas season is going to church on Christmas Eve and listening to the story and scriptures while hearing the old traditional carols and some newer ones. I hope Ora will sing "Mary did you know" this year some time.

That is what I like about Christmas.

This year I will be working  Christmas Eve and December 26th, so on Dec. 29th, I guess I will take down the tree and things and clean for the New Year. Some times I will leave the tree up until January 1st. We will see.











1 comment:

  1. Such a precious season! Thank you for sharing about your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete