Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Hello Lamppost what'ca knowing...

Last year in July I was living pretty carefree in my friend's house while she was in France. Then at the end of 2019 I posted my New Year's look.
Simpson College profile pix
 I feel like I have lived years since that day in late December as I prepared to return to full time university studies and my school job in January as well a part-time at Pier One Imports.

I thought I took life seriously and after changing back to my maiden name and getting a passport I had hope to travel this summer out of the USA for the first time in my life. I did not have a clue that I would be spending more time than ever in my apartment and adopting a cat!

Last August 2nd, on my 60th birthday a group of girlfriends and I had a great evening at Kelly's Pub celebrating me. The live band had an attracted elbow to elbow crowd and I made new friends that night. Old friends popped in and out through the night and a great time was had by all.
Billy and The Jets at Kelly's Pub
Kelly's Pub along with the rest of California is closed to inside dinning and drinking. The band is playing at the Food Trucks on September 10th, but they have not gotten to play at the Mosquito Serenade that we usually have in the park. Music has been one of the things I have missed the most from the Shelter in Place and State closures. 

My 2018 birthday wish was to have my passport and name change by August 2019. ✔
My 2019 birthday wish was to use the passport and name change.....no check mark.
Instead...
I have a cat sleeping in my Pier One Imports basket on top of my Pier One Imports throw collection.
I also have a Purr-Pillow that sits on my lap...
We watch the hummingbirds together
She has a piece of fur that fell off something at work. It is her little mouse and we play fetch with it for hours....then she honors me by sitting on my lap for a spell.
Today was the first time I had gone to Orchard Nutrition in 6 months

August 2020

This meme sizes up how I feel about August 2020. July was a month that wasn't there. I went through the motions, but my grandbabies in central California were sick most of the month with an awful tummy bug. It was terrible for the Mama and Daddy that had sick babies and the littles didn't call Grammie a lot, cuz they just weren't feeling good. 
Our little guy on the coast learned to walk and is clapping his hands. He did have a video visit with his Great-Grandpa and that was pretty fun.
My Dad had surgery for blood clots on his brain and miraculously has no side effects from a scary time. He is home and doing very well in his recovery, but staples and holes drilled in your head will take a toll on anyone. 
We resume our school schedule on August 10th. I have been working at Pier 1 all summer trying to figure out how to wear a mask and/or shield.
This seems to be the hybrid for the 20-21 school year. At least it is what I will start with in August.
I'm looking tired and getting a hair cut, just seems pointless. It is hot and putting my hair up seems to be the best option. Our apartment pool is open for Therapy Swimming and at least 5 days a week I have been enjoying a morning swim. 

Molly and I would appreciate prayer as we head into August. My educator friends would appreciate prayers too. My retail friends need pray and my Fire Fighter son and his colleagues need pray. Two years ago we entered the school year wearing masks to protect us from smoke.
We made it Through the Smoke and Fire of 2018
And...
Snowmegedon 2019
We will shine in 2020-21 School Year and tell the tale.
There may not be live music in the bars or parks, but there is always live music in my head.
This morning I woke up with this song stuck in my head. Feeling Groovy 

....I come to watch your flowers growing...Feeling Groovy. 🌻🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment