Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Summer of My Life


As I have mentioned before, in Redding, California we have two seasons; flood and fire.

Recently, I have gone through a season of mental/emotional/spiritual Spring Cleaning. Last Saturday I went so far as to have a 2 hour prayer session with a counselor to make sure I had not left any stone unturned, or bitterness unforgiven. A sweet friend had told me to give myself time to process. Surprisingly, what I needed to process was my value as a daughter of the King of King.

Notes from SOZO

The Holy Spirit is always with me. Even in the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for HE is with me. Psalm 23

I am beautiful, because HE is beautiful and I am made in HIS image.
Genesis 1, Psalm 27

I am golden. Gold refined by fire.
Rev. 3

Precious, a daughter of  the King of Kings
Psalm 45

My sacrifices have been a sweet aroma to HIM
II Corinthians 2:15

Every move I make, I make with HIM (He is my way, my truth, my life)
John 14:16
~Selah~

Summer  of My Life


Henna Tat by Shelby
Last night I went to an event were a student was raising her tuition for next year with Henna Tattoos and will be drawing a picture of my Granddaughter for me. This was an exercise in getting out of my comfort zone in more than one way. I was much older than most all who attended, however, I love being around young adults who have similar outlook to me. As Shelby was drawing the flower on my hand she confirmed the Summer analogy.  This is a time that I am beginning to bloom. My roots are strong from the rains and storms. The next 20 years of my life are my Summer years.

Shopping Saturday

Today I went looking for end tables to go with my couch. It wasn't meant to be. I kept  being drawn to wooden crates and baskets. I found some fabric, a box type hassock at a yard sale and some scarfs for sweatbands at work. (Shelby asked how I kept my skin so nice, "I sweat".) 
It will be near 90 degrees by the end of the week after highs in the 50s this last week. I will be sweating a lot!!!

crate and basket I had in my closet, re-purposed, again.

Exercise ball can live behind the couch

Flowers arrived this week Amazon Smiles
Pink rose garland



Like real Tulips and quilt rack came out of bedroom
So, now my nest is ready for company. Everything seems to be in the correct symmetry.

 I offered to hold a Henna Party at my apartment for Shelby.

No comments:

Post a Comment