Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Monday, August 27, 2012

A letter to my mom

1964 - Daddy (31), Mamma (29), Me (4), Cheri (9), Elaine (10)
My Mom is Right Front 1948 *age 15


Dear Mamma,

 I had my birthday a month ago. I was so busy being the mom I almost didn't notice. My kids are so  big now,
 it is amazing!

Ian is 16 and he look so much like Daddy. He walks like him and gives hugs like him too.

Johanna has your middle name and reminds me so much of you. I wish you could be here to talk to her, but
I will just pray and continue to rely on the Holy Spirit to give me wisdom to be a good mom. Johanna is beautiful
and has so many talents. How so much can be packaged in one almost 18 year old amazes me daily.


Abbie has a smile that lights up a room. She gets that from her Dad.

Mary breaks the rules of being feminine in a masculine occupation.  My diesel mechanic that relies on function, then fashion, always.

Then there's me. I finished my degree in Business Administration for you. I walked to get my diploma cover for me.
25 years of marriage this fall to the same man and 4 amazing children that you haven't met yet.

God had a reason for taking you so young. He always has the best plan and purpose for me.


Psalm 139:14

King James Version (KJV)
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.


                                           I love you Mamma.


Deena-Marie ♫ 
GISεїз



                                Virginia Lee (Harris) Orr
                            January 7, 1935 - June 21, 1986




1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet . . . and sad. Such truth, though - that He always has the best plan and purpose. Even when it hurts. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete