Welcome to GIS Butterfly

GIS- Geographic Information Systems (English)
GIS- Global Information Science (ASL)
Butterfly- A colorful insect that flies from flower to flower pollinating and bring joy to the onlooker.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

These are a few of my favorite things

Books and Cats
In this unsettling time of our World's history my comfort is found in focusing on my favorite things. As Julia Andrews sang  in "The Sound of Music" I sang to my students one day this week. It was a reminder to myself as I recounted every word and dazzled them with a floor show in my Reading Group classroom. 

My favorite author and blogger is Lisa-Jo Baker. I have shared her since I was on the launch team of her book: Surprised by Motherhood. Her weekly podcast is Out of the Ordinary She and Christy start their podcast by listing some of their favorite things. I love that they share the ordinary things in our lives that really are extraordinary. 

They mentioned these books by Louise Penny and now I am hooked. Molly and I will be enjoying this three book set of the 1st books in the murder mystery series about Inspector Gamache. With a cat on my lap and a book in my hand I am ready to leave my chair and travel to another place and another time.

Beer and Pizza
I am a connoisseur of gluten free pizzas in my area. the Shasta Pizza Co in Redding is my current favorite. They are located on the corner of Hartnell and Victor, so I can call at 12:45 and pick it up after I get off work at 1pm. The single pizza can be four meals for me. Guinness being my beer of choice this week.
Fall Décor
After working at Pier One Imports for a few years it is no surprise that I have something for every season. No surprise that I have A LOT of somethings for every season. Fall pillows are out, hand blown glass pumpkins and this lovely on the hearth. It is dried flowers and was about $30. I got it when we had marked them down to $10🎃 With fall comes all the fun foods: Carmel Apples, Popcorn Balls, Apple Crisp and Peppermint Mocha.

These three are sandwiched in the middle, because they are in the middle of my joy. We also got the announcement that they have a little cousin arriving in March, I can't wait to hold my baby boy's ~baby boy.
Acrylic nails from the shop

My attempt to cover

Keratin treatment

Never Forgotten
I like pretty nails. During Shelter in Place my nails were so healthy and I enjoyed taking care of them. Of course going back to work at Pier One was not good for the nails and I wanted pretty nails for my niece's wedding. I bit the bullet and got acrylics which were more expensive than before Covid and the fill was even worse. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and getting a manicure is painful. Removing the acrylic nails in the shop is out of the question. I know my own pain tolerance and can stop and rest. I received the Keratin gloves as a gift and it was very therapeutic after removing the nails. Now I am back to my old worn down nails and enjoying my Color Street nail strips.

I hope you are enjoying some of your favorite things. Please share your favorite things in the comments.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment